There is a pleasure in the pathless woods;
There is a rapture on the lonely shore;
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more...
(Lord Byron)

Tuesday 26 April 2011

The first cassette that gave me


Hello little classmates, now I'll talking about the first record of music that I was given, which was a cassette in that point. The fact happened when a day my father suddenly surprise me with a gift, although was not my birthday, which consisted in this cassette, the first album of the band A-TEENS: The ABBA Generation, music group very popular in that time.
This ocurred in the summer of year 2000, I was twelve years old, and with my parents, we lived in the city’s north of Santiago, whereabout in Pudahuel, at the house of my paternal grandmother.
I liked this record, because I remember perfectly than that moment was really glee for me, because I wished so much to have the cassette. I loved the band, I danced all their music videos that showed in the T.V., I knew all the choreography, with every step. Now I don't like the band, but every time that I hear them, inmediatly come to my mind all those beautiful moments that I lived in the puberty.
My favourite hit of the album was the song number one: Mamma mia, just because was the first song that I heard of they, and the which awaked me the feeling of taste for the band.
Also I remember that when they came to Chile, for the Viña’s festival in that year, I wished with my whole heart go to see them, but my economic capacity don't allowed me do it, but if I could see them by the TV. Still I preserve this cassette in a box, as a memory of my youth.
            Well, that’s all folks, I see you soon.

1 comment:

  1. No way, I can't believe what I see, ajaja. Well, I have to say that I love ABBA, but not this band.

    ReplyDelete